Child Support

These links have resources on getting child support, paying child support, and changing a child support order. 


Child Support Information

Not Getting Child Support?

This booklet can give you information on what to do if you are not getting child support. This information is from Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee and the Cumberlands. This information can be helpful anywhere in Tennessee, but you should double check any phone numbers. The phone numbers in the book may not be right for your location. 

How do I get Child Support?

This booklet talks about how to get child support, what to expect at a child support hearing, and how to change child support. This booklet is from Memphis Area Legal Services.  The information is good for anyone in Tennessee, but you should double check phone numbers. The phone numbers in this booklet may not be the right number for your location. 


Changing a Child Support Order

How to Change a Child Support Order in Tennessee

This link is to information from the state of Tennessee about child support. It gives you information on how to work with the state to get child support set up or change child support. 


Custody Information


Custody Rights for Married and Unmarried Parents

This link will download a booklet on custody rights. It will tell you the difference between parents that are married (or have been married) and parents that haven't been married. It also tells you about custody cases in Juvenile Court. This booklet is from Legal Aid of East Tennessee and can be helpful for anyone in the state of Tennessee. If you don't see the download, you may check your "Downloads" folder on your computer or device. 

Custody Guide

This link will open a booklet on custody rights. This booklet is from Memphis Area Legal Services and can be helpful information on rights for anyone in the state of Tennessee. This booklet talks about rights for married or unmarried parents, Juvenile Court cases, child support, and divorces. 



Statewide Social Services Resources

Help by phone - Dial 211 for Tennessee’s community services help line; or visit the 211 website:

Kid Central is a one-stop shop for Tennessee families to connect with important information and resources provided by Tennessee state departments.



Standard Court Forms for all of Tennessee

These forms are provided by the state. They can be filed in any county in the state. If you need help filling out the forms, you can ask a lawyer in your area.  


Legal Help or Representation

TN Free Legal Answers

Volunteer Lawyers Who Will Answer Questions for Free Online

How it works:  

  1. We'll ask you some questions to see if we can help you. If we can help, you'll make an account.
  2. Ask your non-criminal legal question. 
  3. We will e-mail you when your question receives a response. Come back to the web site and sign in to read the response.

Statewide Directory

Directory of Legal Aid Attorneys and Other Agencies by County


Table of Contents