Landlord-Tenant Problems

Below you will find links to written information, forms, and also how to ask a lawyer a question and/or how to get a lawyer to represent you. 


Your Rights and Duties as a Renter in: 

Anderson, Blount, Bradley, Davidson, Hamilton, Knox, Madison, Maury, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sevier, Shelby, Sullivan, Sumner, Washington, Williamson and Wilson counties.



Rural Renters Rights:


Additional Resources:  


Southeast Legal Services Representing Yourself In A Landlord-Tenant Dispute Or Another Type Of Housing Case – Forms Page


Instructions For Tenants Suing Landlords For Repairs, Return Of Security Deposits


Instructions For Tenants In Detainer Actions Filed By Landlords


Instructions For Landlords Filing Detainer Actions

Please note that the phone numbers listed may not be for your county. To call someone in YOUR county click the “FIND REPRESENTATION” link below.




Standard Court Forms for all of Tennessee



Renters’ Guide – 5 Things You Should Do BEFORE You Move In

Guía para Inquilinos - 5 Cosas Que Debe Hacer ANTES de Mudarse Adentro



Volunteer Lawyers Who Will Answer Questions for Free Online



Directory of Legal Aid Attorneys and Other Agencies by County 


Still need assistance? Please speak to a librarian at your local library – they may have additional resources to assist you.



Landlord-Tenant Problems

Table of Contents